This is the first time I make choco chips cupcake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and I got it the right way. My friends even ordered some cupcakes after they tasted it.
Here are the ingredients.
1 cup and 1/3 cup of unsalted butter ( I prefer unsalted than salted though if you use salted butter dont add salt anymore)
I use Queensland unsalted butter that cost around 70 to 78 pesos. It is cheaper than Magnolia and Anchor.
1 and 2/3 cup sugar ( You can use any white refined sugar or caster sugar). I use bonus brand from SM
2 cups and 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (if you use unsalted salt)
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk ( I use anchor powdered milk)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F. Make sure to use oven thermometer for accurate oven temperature.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt all together.
3. Pace the butter and sugar in an electric mixer.
4. Add vanilla and egg one at a time.
5. Add the flour mixture to the vanilla and egg mixture. Do not overmix.
6. Add the choco chips.
7. Bake it for 30 mins. or when you press a toothpick inside the cupcake, the toothpick comes clean when removing.
For chocolate cream cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature ( I use Philadephia Cream Cheese)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar (You can decrease this amount if you don’t care about it being as stiff for piping)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
- Mix in cocoa powder.